Networking Sessions at Cell Bio Virtual are informal virtual networking rooms held during the meeting breaks designed to recreate that "meet-in-the-hall" experience in a virtual setting. Attendees can sign up to create a room where they can invite others to join them and catch up with colleagues, meet new people, or just host a room that is open to general attendees for engaging discussions.
Sign Up to Host a Networking Session
Networking Session rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. There are 30-minute and 60-minute time slots to choose from. Networking sessions can be hosted by a group, organization, committee, or individuals. Session hosts will be responsible for running the session (via Zoom meeting) and facilitating discussions.
Eligibility Requirements: Cell Bio Virtual 2020 Registration. You must be registered to sign up.
Networking Sessions Time Slots:
Education and Professional Development Sessions Week: December 2-4
- 30- and 60-minute sessions between 9:00am and 10:30am EST
- 30-minute sessions between 12:30pm-1:00pm EST
- 30- and 60-minute sessions between 4:00pm and 7:00pm EST
Scientific Sessions Week: December 7-11
- 30- and 60-minute sessions between 9:00am and 10:00am EST
- 30-minute sessions between 11:00am-11:30am EST
- 30-minute sessions between 1:00pm-1:30pm EST
- 30- and 60-minute sessions between 5:00pm and 7:00pm EST
Poster Discussions Week: December 14-16
- 60-minute sessions between 2:00pm and 7:00pm EST
*exact times are listed on sign up form. Visit the Weekly At-A-Glance Schedules to reference the Cell Bio Virtual 2020 meeting schedule.
- All networking sessions are open to general attendees. Networking Sessions will be listed as an agenda item and visible to all attendees. If your Networking Session is intended for specific participants, a closed or private group, or invite-only, ASCB can add language to the session description, but we cannot restrict access from the general audience. Be aware that any attendee can enter your networking session room. Once you are confirmed with a date and time, you will be responsible for sending messaging and publicizing your session to your intended audience to make sure they access your session early.
- If you are currently a session organizer and you are requesting a networking room in conjunction with your session, please be mindful of the duration you select. ASCB will review all requests and may make time adjustments, if necessary, in order to ensure fairness for all attendees.