Refer your labmates to ASCB and earn rewards!
Recommend ASCB membership to your labmates by August 31 and in return both you and they will enjoy special “thank-you” rewards for helping to grow the Society. All new members will receive a $10 Amazon gift card, and you will receive the following rewards as well:
- $10 Amazon gift card for each member recruited;
- 1-year complimentary ASCB membership for recruiting 5 or more members; and
- Complimentary registration to Cell Bio Virtual 2021 for recruiting 10 or more members.
Be sure your referrals provide us with your name when completing the online application.
As a member of the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB), you know the Society provides many advantages to researchers like you—opportunities to network with professional peers, access to career development programs, and discounts on ASCB meeting fees.
Tell your colleagues why ASCB is your professional home, and how ASCB has helped advance your career. Let them know that ASCB is the preeminent international community of scientists studying the cell, and that there’s an online community platform on which to connect and collaborate with peers, whether around the corner or across the globe. This platform is the singular online destination to find ASCB members with similar interests, get answers to questions, and solutions to problems.
KEY MEMBER BENEFITS
- Save money with discounts on Cell Bio Virtual 2021 registration and abstract fees;
- Connect and collaborate with your peers via the online community, including 8 specialized topical discussion forums in addition to the all-member forum;
- Advance your knowledge with subscriptions to Molecular Biology of the Cell (MBoC), the ASCB Newsletter, and ASCB Newsbrief e-newsletter; and
- Grow professionally by participating in the Mentor Match program, accessing on-demand professional development webinars and video workshops, and applying for prestigious honorific awards.
Who Our Members Are
The American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) is proud to be the professional community for:
- Research scientists
- Postdoctoral fellows
- Educators (community college instructors)
- Graduate students
- Undergraduate students
What ASCB Membership Does for You
ASCB members can connect and collaborate in a variety of ways, all with shared goals of advancing the field of cell biology. With nearly 8,000 members in more than 60 countries, ASCB members work in a variety of settings, promoting research and teaching the next generation in institutions of higher education, government, industry, and public and private research institutions.
Membership in ASCB includes subscriptions to the ASCB Newsletter, the journals Molecular Biology of the Cell and CBE—Life Sciences Education, and the e-newsletters ASCB Pathways and ASCB Newsbrief. Other benefits include member discounts on annual meeting registration and poster abstract fees, professional development programs and recognition opportunities, and access to the online member directory.
ASCB membership runs on a calendar year basis, expiring each December 31. Membership dues are nonrefundable.