ASCB is piloting a new program in 2020, partnering with organizers of regional scientific meetings in order to broaden the awareness of, and access to, professional development and training opportunities for cell biologists. ASCB can offer various types of in-kind logistical support, described below, as well as funding for travel awards. In return, ASCB will receive recognition as a partnering organization and will open new avenues for promoting the Society to the cell biology community.
- Promotion of the meeting to ASCB members.
- Travel award funding for attendance at Cell Bio 2020 – an ASCB|EMBO meeting; (e.g., prize for best poster winners or a drawing).
- Use of ASCB’s online poster abstract submission system, if desired.
- Use of ASCB’s online meeting registration system, including acceptance and processing of registration fees, if desired.
- The degree to which the meeting’s topic and content further the vision and mission of ASCB and the profession of cell biology.
- The degree to which the proposed meeting will serve a significant need of the cell biology community.
- Diversity among the meeting’s speakers.
- Provides geographical diversity.
- Minimum anticipated attendance of 100 people.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
- Applicants must be ASCB Members.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Applications will be reviewed and scored by a committee of ASCB member volunteers.
- Applicants approved for this pilot partnership program:
- Will be required to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with ASCB defining the roles and responsibilities for each party.
- Will be required to enter a Data Processing agreement governing the usage of registrant and/or poster author contact information, if applicable.
For more information contact email@example.com.