The ASCB issues official letters and policy comments in response to official requests for comment from agencies like the NIH and the NSF and to policymakers in Congress and federal agencies.
Letters and policy comments recently sent by ASCB include:
- ASCB Asks Congress to Support Basic Biomedical Research in 2024 NIH Budget
ASCB Comments on NIH Proposed Simplified Review Framework for Research Project Grant Applications
- ASCB Asks President Biden to Address Major Delays Obtaining Visas to Enter U.S.
ASCB Asks President to Provide Important Visa Protections for STEM Trainees from Ukraine Studying in the U.S.
ASCB Supports Bill to Offer Green Cards to US-Trained International Trainees
- ASCB asks NIH to include LGBTQ+ Community in NIH DEIA Initiatives
- ASCB Sends Letter to Congress Expressing Concerns Regarding NIH ARPA-H Proposal
- NIH Responds to ASCB Letters Asking for Clearer COVID-related Information for Grantees
- ASCB Asks NIH to Enhance Communication With Research Community on COVID Impact
- ASCB Asks NIH to Clarify What COVID Impact Grantees Should Report & How Reviewers Should Consider the Information
- ASCB / GSA Letter to NIH regarding Model Organism Databases (MODs)
- ASCB Welcomes Eric Lander to OSTP Post, Outlines Important Policy Issues
- ASCB Joins Call on President-elect Biden to Rescind Trump Fetal Tissue Restrictions
- ASCB Writes to President-elect Biden Urging Science Policy Changes
- ASCB Comments on Dept. Homeland Security proposal to establish fixed time periods for student visas
- ASCB Expresses Concern Over Changes to NSF GRFP Program
- ASCB Denounces Divisive Trump Administration Executive Order
- ASCB, 80 Others Urge Agencies to Follow Science in COVID Decisions
- Cell Biology Supports NASEM Study of Structural Racism in Academia
- Medical Research Community Asks for Research Funding to be Included in COVID Relief Bills
- ASCB, Others Call For Repeal of Student Visa Policy Change
- ASCB Expresses Concern About EcoHealth Alliance Grant Cancellation
- ASCB Seeks Visa Extensions Due to COVID-19 Closures
- ASCB Asks NIH to Include Lab Assistants in COVID-19-related Emergency Assistance
- ASCB One of 92 Groups Opposing Trump Administration Ban on Fetal Tissue Research
- ASCB Joins 67 Groups Supporting Amendment to Block Fetal Tissue Ban
- ASCB Supports Keep STEM Talent Act of 2019
- ASCB One of 75 Science Groups Opposing Changes to Title IX
- ASCB Opposition to Tax Increases on Graduate Students
For more information on these and other policy issues, contact Kevin Wilson, ASCB’s Director of Public Policy and Media Relations. The ASCB has “Be an Advocate for Science” how-to papers to help you be an advocate for science.