Education & Professional Development Sessions
Education and Professional Development (EPD) Sessions focus on topics related to the scientific enterprise such as education, career development, international relations, science policy, communications, and diversity in the scientific workforce.
EPD Sessions are organized by members and outside organizations from session idea to execution, including session content and format, speaker invitations, and schedule lineup. We are currently reviewing applications for sessions to present at Cell Bio Virtual 2020 and we will post the final sessions in August.
EPD Session Organizer Responsibilities & Guidelines
Education & Professional Development Session Organizer Responsibilities
- Communicate with speakers about their role and the meeting policies. Ensure speakers are registered and understand they are responsible for their travel expenses.
- Register for Cell Bio Virtual 2020. All speakers and organizers must be paid registrants for Cell Bio Virtual 2020. Admission will not be granted if individuals are not registered.
- Prepare and submit your final session description, outcomes, and confirmed speakers with affiliations by July 31, 2020. Late submissions are not guaranteed to make it into the meeting program or mobile app.
- Organizers may incur optional expenses, beyond what ASCB provides.
- All session attendees, including session organizers and invited speakers, must be paid registrants of Cell Bio Virtual 2020. Admission will not be granted to individuals without a registration.
- Session Organizer/Speaker expenses are not provided by ASCB or EMBO.
- Session Organizers may seek grant funding for support.
Session Organizers and Co-organizers must be available on the day of the scheduled session.
You and your accepted speakers must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Not to defame or slander/libel anyone
- Not to use copyright/trademark materials without permission
- Not to speak on anything other than what was agreed to
ASCB & EMBO Responsibilities
ASCB & EMBO will provide the following services:
- Audio/Visual equipment and a projectionist in the session room
- Marketing of the session on the Cell Bio Virtual 2020 website.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Clear outcomes that align with ASCB and EMBO's mission and focus.
- A proven need and limited ability to find similar sessions elsewhere (necessity and uniqueness).
- Diversity of speakers and intended audience to include gender, geographic, and ethnic diversity.
- Intended level of audience engagement.
- Availability of existing external grant funding.