Working Press Registration
The ASCB and EMBO welcome all working press to cover the largest yearly meeting of research cell biologists in the world. This year, the meeting will be held virtually from December 2-16. Education and professional development sessions will be held December 2-4, Scientific and Award sessions will be held from December 7-11, and Poster sessions from December 14-16. from December 7-11. To register for working press credentials and to get access to all ASCB press materials, please fill out the form below.
The ASCB can help you get your story. We can help set up interviews with scientific newsmakers at the meeting and find researchers who might be able to comment on new research.
The 2020 Cell Bio Virtual Electronic Press Book will be available soon.
Who Is Working Press?
- Working as a:
• Reporter, editor, writer, publisher
• Editorial or news cartoonist or artist
• News photographer or videographer
• Producer, president or general manager
• Librarian, web master or other editorial employee
- For a publication, news service, broadcast outlet or Internet site that is:
• Regularly issued
• Supported by advertising or paid subscriptions or published or funded by a non-profit organization
• Operated with editorial independence from any political, governmental, commercial, or special interest group
• Not a house organ of any organization or movement
• Published primarily for the dissemination of news
Note: Academics or researchers who serve as journal editors should register as regular members of the Society. Publishers, business, or sales representatives are welcome to register as regular nonmembers. Professional, financial, or technology analysts should contact email@example.com.
Working Press at the meeting must have both personal and professional identification. Professional identification might include:
- Current members of the National Association of Science Writers, International Science Writers Association, or Canadian Science Writers Association, American Medical Writers Association, Society for Environmental Journalists, World Federation of Science Journalists, Association of Health Care Journalists, and Council for the Advancement and Support of Education can use their membership cards as professional identification
- An official “press” card
- A PIO badge or other identification from a nonprofit research institution
- A media business card, or an assignment letter from an editor or news producer who can be contacted
All posters and oral presentations at Cell Bio Virtual 2020- An ASCB|EMBO Meeting will be embargoed until the date and start time of their presentation at the meeting and/or until the consent of the author to report said findings is given. This means that press registrants MAY NOT PUBLISH any information about work being presented at the meeting UNLESS AND UNTIL the start date and time of that presentation AND WITH the express consent of the author. Likewise, no screen shots or images of research presentations may be included in such reporting. Approved images should be obtained directly from the author. ASCB and EMBO aim to encourage presentation of the latest findings and enable responsible and quality reporting of those findings by press in attendance. This policy helps ensure that all reporters have access to the same, up-to-date, and complete information when researching and writing their articles and that information regarding research presented at our meeting is not published prior to the presentation.
Kevin Wilson, ASCB Director of Public Policy & Media Relations
Mary Spiro, ASCB Science Writer & Social Media Manager