About the Committee
The International Affairs Committee (IAC) serves ASCB’s members based outside the U.S. and non-U.S. citizens living in the United States and enhances their engagement in the Society. Its aim is to promote global scientific exchange, contribute to capacity building in cell biology worldwide, transcend the complex political issues facing the world today, and set an example of productive cooperation, sharing ideas, and moving forward creatively.
ActivitiesThe IAC develops programs to recruit new international members and to promote retention and engagement of the Society’s international members. The committee works with the other standing committees on initiatives to support transitioning and young career scientists. The committee sponsors country-specific sessions, international research programs, and a training exchange fair at the ASCB|EMBO Meeting.
- ASCB|EMBO Meeting Programs
- International Research and Training Exchange Fair
- Sessions on topics such as funding
- Co-sponsorship of Workshops and International Meetings
- 2018 São Paulo School for Advanced Science in Cell Biology – SPCELL
- 2014 APOCB Congress — 7th Asia-Pacific Organization for Cell Biology Congress (Singapore)
- 2014 Joint Meeting with IFCB in Philadelphia
- Promotion of Resources and Programs for Non-US Scientists
- International Funding and Education Opportunities
- Dues for Members from Low- and Middle-Income Countries