If your session is accepted, organizers MUST:
- Inform all desired speakers to submit abstracts by the August 2 talk deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted. ASCB will provide organizers with an email template for notifying desired speakers upon selection notification.
- Review abstracts submitted to your Subgroup topic and assign talks to your session. The review period will take place from August 4 through August 16.
- Register for Cell Bio 2022. All speakers and organizers must be registered for Cell Bio 2022. Admission will not be granted if individuals are not registered.
- Ensure your speakers and co-organizers are aware of these policies:
- Abstract Submission - all speakers must submit an abstract by the August 2 deadline and pay the associated fee.
- Registration - anyone attending a session in any capacity (including speakers and organizers) must be paid registrants of the Cell Bio 2022 meeting. Admission will not be granted to individuals who are not registered for the meeting.
- Expenses - ASCB does not pay any expenses beyond what is listed below under "ASCB & EMBO Responsibilties". This includes travel expenses for speakers and organizers, registration fees, abstract submission fees, and any other expenses.
- Participating in multiple scientific sessions:
- Subgroup organizers can only organize ONE scientific session. If you are accepted as an organizer for another Subgroup, or co-chair for a Minisymposium, you must choose ONE and notify ASCB immediately.
- Subgroup speakers can only speak in ONE scientific session. If a speaker is selected to give a talk for another Subgroup or Minisymposium, they must choose ONE and notify ASCB and the session organizers immediately.
- A Subgroup organizer may give a talk in a Subgroup session (their own or another Subgroup) or a Minisymposium.
Organizers may incur optional expenses, beyond what ASCB provides.
The ASCB will NOT pay for the following expenses:
- Food or beverage. This must be ordered through Aramark at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. No outside food or beverage can be served. You will be billed directly by Aramark.
- Audiovisual equipment in addition to what is listed below. This must be ordered through Projection (PPT) by contacting Holly Alderton at 301-575-2754, or email at email@example.com. You will be billed directly by PPT.
- Speaker expenses. Anyone attending a Special Interest Subgroup, including speakers and organizers, must be registered for Cell Bio 2022.
Contact SPARGO, Inc., Exhibit, Sponsorship and Advertising Sales and Management, to discuss fundraising opportunities. If ASCB acknowledges the sponsor, the majority of the funds collected will be used by ASCB to offset the costs and overhead to do so.
Diversity and Inclusion
ASCB is committed to ensuring that we offer attendees a diverse and inclusive program. Subgroup organizers must select talks from those with diverse ethnicity, gender, research, career levels, institutions, and geographic locations.
Subgroup Organizers must be available during the following time periods:
- Thursday, August 4 through Tuesday, August 16 - Abstract Review and Selection Period
- Saturday, December 3 through Wednesday, December 7- Available on the day of Subgroup session at a designated date and time
You and your accepted speakers must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Not to defame or slander/libel anyone
- Not to use copyright/trademark materials without permission
- Not to speak on anything other than what was agreed to
ASCB & EMBO Responsibilities
ASCB & EMBO will provide the following facilities and services and incur the expenses associated with hosting a Subgroup session:
- A meeting room in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, set theater-style with signage outside of the room.
- The following audiovisual equipment: screen; MAC* computer with mouse and keyboard; lighted lectern; LCD projector; confidence monitor; laser pointer; microphones for the lectern, table, and aisle; and a video switcher. A projectionist will be assigned to your session. *If a PC is needed in the room, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inclusion of the session on the Cell Bio 2022 website and in the mobile app.