Minisymposium Co-Chairs are responsible for scoring submitted abstracts, selecting talks for Minisymposia sessions from top-scoring abstracts, and introducing the speakers on the day of the Minisymposium. Please note co-chairs, or members of their labs, are only eligible to present a talk within their Minisymposium if they are in the top-scoring abstracts after the concealed review. There is not a reserved or guaranteed speaking slot for co-chairs, or members of their lab.
A minimum of four (4) and a maximum of 24 Minisymposium Co-Chairs will be selected per scientific meeting track, depending on the popularity of the track.
Minisymposium Co-Chairs will:
- Read and score up to 150 abstracts submitted to their scientific track. The abstracts will have author information concealed to reduce bias in scoring. The review period will take place between August 4 and August 16.
- Create a specified number of Minisymposia sessions, varying from two (2) to 12 sessions depending on the track. Each Minisymposium session will consist of six (6) talks selected from top-scoring abstracts.
- Chair the session at Cell Bio 2023 in Boston, MA. Two Co-Chairs will work together to introduce the speakers in each Minisymposium, keep speakers on time, and moderate the live Q&A following each talk.
Diversity and Inclusion
ASCB is committed to ensuring that a diversified and inclusive program is presented to our attendees. Minisymposia Co-Chairs will be required to ensure talks selected are from presenters with diverse ethnic backgrounds, gender, research backgrounds, career-levels, geographic location.
Minisymposium Co-Chairs must be available during the following time periods
- Thursday, August 4 through Thursday, August 16 - Concealed Abstract Scoring Review Period
- Tuesday, August 23 through Tuesday, August 31- Formation of Minisymposia sessions with talk selections from top-scoring abstracts.
- Sunday, December 3 and Tuesday, December 5- Minisymposia sessions will be scheduled from approximately 3:40 pm to 5:10 pm and 5:40 pm to 7:10 pm on both Sunday, December 3 and Tuesday, December 5. You will need to be available for any of the four time slots.
Minisymposia Co-Chairs will receive 50% off meeting registration via a coupon code provided by ASCB Staff.