ASCB is committed to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion at the Cell Bio meeting.
Read what changes are being made to increase speaker diversity in 2021 and beyond:
- Blind scoring review of all abstracts for minisymposium talks. Top scoring abstracts and accompanying author demographic info are sent to minisymp co-chairs to form sessions.
- Anyone who self-identifies as an underrepresented minority (as defined by NIH) who scores above the median score will be considered for a talk.
- Subgroup organizers will be provided with demographic information of presenting authors listed on the abstract to help them create more diverse sessions.
- Program committee track co-chairs can invite additional URMs to serve as a minisymposium co-chair to ensure more diversity.
- To increase speaker diversity at the 2022 meeting, members of the Program Committee will be paired with Inclusion Buddies (who are active in DEI training and research) during the 2021 planning process. Inclusion Buddies will also lead networking roundtables at the 2021 meeting to discuss how diversity and inclusion can lead to excellence in science.
Help Shape Your Meeting
Get involved and help create the experience you want at your meeting. Find an opportunity below and apply today.
Find Your Track
Navigating the meeting has never been easier. At Cell Bio Virtual 2021, sessions will be designated by unique scientific and education tracks. Stay within a track or create your own -- the choice is yours.