Meeting Policies and Terms
Code of Conduct
Prior to attending a virtual Society meeting, participants are expected to read the Participant Guide below and to understand that the Virtual Meetings Conduct Policy includes additional provisions such as determining a violation, consequences that may be imposed, and appeals of a determination.
Virtual Meetings Conduct Policy
The American Society for Cell Biology (Society) Virtual Meetings Conduct Policy seeks to advance productive outcomes, with safety, full participation and belonging for all participants in Society virtual meetings and supplements the Society’s general conduct policies.
Virtual Meetings Conduct Policy Participants' Guide
The Participants' Guide provides an easy reference to some key provisions of the Society Virtual Meetings Conduct Policy. The full Policy applies.
Meeting Attendance Etiquette/License and Other Terms and Conditions
- Acceptance of your registration entitles you to a license (i.e., permission) to attend the meeting conditioned upon you not engaging in conduct that interferes with the opportunity for others to attend, enjoy, and derive value from the meeting. Attendees who ASCB or EMBO determine in their discretion are disruptive to speakers, staff, or other attendees are subject to having their registration and permission to attend the meeting immediately revoked, without refund of their registration or abstract submission fees. Please view the Virtual Meetings Conduct Policy Participants' Guide and Virtual Meetings Conduct Policy above for more detailed information.
- You may participate in the Cell Bio Virtual 2021 meeting by audio and video, or by video only. If you participate visually and/or vocally, your image and/or voice will be received and available to all participants and you are agreeing that your image and/or voice may be used at any time without further notification in ASCB or EMBO publications or websites.
- ASCB and EMBO policy prohibits video capture, screen recording, screenshots, audio recording, or taking pictures of speakers and their slides.
- Once registered, you will receive login information prior to the meeting that can be used only by you. Each person registering gets a license that gives them the right to log on, view, and when available to participate in the Cell Bio Virtual 2021 sessions. You do not have the right to share your login information for use by others.
- By participating in any sessions, your name, contact information, any additional information you choose to share, and - if your camera is on - your image, will be visible and available to attendees and exhibitors. If you attend any exhibitor sessions including tech talk showcases, click on exhibitor banners, or visit virtual exhibit booths, your contact information will be shared with those exhibitors.
- Proprietary information is expected to be presented and shared at the meeting. No one is permitted to misappropriate or misrepresent somebody else's data as their own.
- By registering, you agree to allow the ASCB to track the talks, sessions and posters that you attend or view. This data will be used to plan future meetings and to track who views data shared by each presenter.
- By registering, you are agreeing to comply with ASCB's policies and rules.
Social Media Policy
The ASCB and EMBO encourage the use of social media before, during, and after Cell Bio Virtual 2021. Note the following guidelines and accepted social media etiquette:
- Follow us on Twitter @ASCBiology. Use the hash tag #CellBio2021 for meeting-related tweets.
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/ASCBiology.
- Blog and tweet about the meeting and what you are hearing
and seeing (but without sharing details of any data presented;
follow journal rules about data sharing).
- Provide feedback to staff and the Program Committee—discuss
topics of interest and/or speakers for next year’s meeting,
make suggestions for Symposia, Minisymposia, or workshop
sessions, comment on the meeting format, etc.
- Keep criticism constructive, and think about whether you’d like
your thoughts shared widely—because they may be.
- Use photographic or other recording devices, including video capture, screen recording, screenshots, audio recording, or taking pictures of speakers and their slides.
- Capture, transmit, or redistribute data presented at the meeting—this may preclude subsequent publication of the
data in a scholarly journal.
Views expressed by speakers at Cell Bio Virtual 2021 are solely the views of the speaker. They do not necessarily represent the views of the ASCB or EMBO. The ASCB and EMBO make no representation concerning, and do not guarantee, the source, originality, accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any statement, information, data, finding, interpretation, advice, opinion, or view presented by any speaker or poster presenter.
All posters and oral presentations at Cell Bio Virtual 2021 - An ASCB|EMBO Meeting will be embargoed until the date and start time of their presentation at the meeting and/or until the consent of the author to report said findings is given. This means that press registrants MAY NOT PUBLISH any information about work being presented at the meeting UNLESS AND UNTIL the start date and time of that presentation AND WITH the express consent of the author. Likewise, no screen shots or images of research presentations may be included in such reporting. Approved images should be obtained directly from the author. ASCB and EMBO aim to encourage presentation of the latest findings and enable responsible and quality reporting of those findings by press in attendance. This policy helps ensure that all reporters have access to the same, up-to-date, and complete information when researching and writing their articles and that information regarding research presented at our meeting is not published prior to the presentation