The American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) is actively monitoring developments concerning COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, and staying up-to-date on recommendations from health organizations responsible for tracking and responding to the virus, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
ASCB takes the health and safety of its members and meeting attendees seriously and will take all necessary steps to create a safe environment for everyone attending ASCB events. As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, contingency planning is in effect to prepare for unknown circumstances that may affect our upcoming meetings.
See below for the status of the following meetings:
- May 30 Regional Educator Meeting, Soka University, Alisa Viejo, CA (in-person canceled; now a virtual meeting)
- May 31-June 6 Biotech East, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA (application deadline extended to April 30; if this is canceled a virtual program will be held)
- June 8-10 ASCB Council Meeting, Rockville, MD (taking place virtually)
- July 12-18 Biotech West, Keck Graduate Institute, Claremont, CA (application deadline extended to April 30; if this is canceled a virtual program will be held )
- December 5-9 Cell Bio 2020-an ASCB|EMBO Meeting, Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, PA (The in-person meeting scheduled to be held in Philadelphia in December has been canceled and instead we are holding Cell Bio Virtual 2020-An Online ASCB|EMBO Meeting.)
Please check our website regularly for important updates and potential changes. Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.