AMP Scholars will have three mentors:
- Dedicate 1-2 hours per month engaging with the AMP scholar
- Postdoctoral mentor
- Additional scientific mentor, who is focused on the scholar’s research and may be outside of the scholar’s home institution
- Professional development mentor, who is focused on career advancement and may be outside of the scholar’s home institution
ASCB will facilitate matching AMP scholars with their professional development mentor, who will be selected from current or prior members of the ASCB MAC and WICB committees and the ASCB council. If appropriate mentors cannot be found in this group then we will look in the broader ASCB membership. The members of ASCB span a wide range of fields including biophysics, genetics, molecular, cellular, and developmental biology, and also boasts members who work on biomedical technology, computational biosciences, pharmacology, physiology, biochemistry, and structural biology.
- ASCB members selected to mentor are required to participate in a 1.5 day National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) Entering Mentoring Training*
- will participate in 1.5 days Inclusivity Summits with departmental and university leaders*
- will participate in periodic refresher webinars on various topics to help support AMP scholars
- gather at the ASCB|EMBO annual meeting to network and share new scientific findings
- participate in year-round communications and networking on the ASCB online community
*Please note that non-ASCB mentors for the AMP Scholars are invited and encouraged to participate in the 1.5 days NRMN Mentor training and the 1.5-day Inclusivity Summit. The NRMN Training and Inclusivity Summit will run simultaneously in mid-autumn (tentatively) annually.