International Travelers: Apply for your VISA as soon as possible to attend the December meeting. VISA processing times may be delayed. Please also check COVID-19 restrictions for travel to the United States and back to your country.
Saturday, December 3 to Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mount Vernon Place NW, Washington, DC 20001
Washington Marriott Marquis
Other Hotels near the Convention Center
Courtyard Washington Downtown Convention Center
Residence Inn Convention Center Washington
Renaissance Washington DC Hotel
Homewood Suites Washington DC Convention Center
Hampton Inn Washington DC Convention Center
Grand Hyatt Washington
Washington Plaza (student hotel)
Marriott Metro Center
- Ronald Reagon National Airport (DCA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
- Union Station Washington DC is home to Amtrak, MARC and Metro Train systems, along with several bus lines
- Access to Washington, D.C. is via I-270 and I-95 from the north; I-95 and I-295 from the south; I-66 from the west; and U.S. Highway 50 from both the west and the east.
- Parking is not available at the convention center. Parking is available at nearby hotels and street parking.
Travelers requiring a VISA to the United States should submit a VISA application as soon as possible to attend Cell Bio in December. Travelers should also check rules regarding COVID-19 and travel into the U.S. and back to their country.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, ASCB is closely monitoring evolving guidelines and recommendations. Review our safety policies and guidelines to learn how we plan to keep attendees safe and what is expected of each participant.
Meeting Code of Conduct
The American Society for Cell Biology Meetings Conduct Policy seeks to advance productive outcomes, with safety, full participation and belonging for all participants in Society meetings and supplements the Society’s general conduct policies. Cell Bio attendees are expected to follow all policies and terms set forth to participate.
To help our community reconnect, ASCB is piloting Cell Bio Connect to offer intellectual, professional, and social support to first-time attendees, students, and those traveling alone. Participants will be matched with experienced attendees to help navigate and get the most out of the meeting.