Poster Presentation Guidelines
Poster Presentation Information and Dates
All posters will be displayed and presented in the Exhibit Hall. Abstracts scheduled for presentation in poster sessions have been grouped by topic, assigned a program and board number, and will appear in the Mobile App and Online Program. Regular and late abstracts will be available online on or around November 7. For purposes of citation they are considered to be a supplement to the December 15, 2022 issue of Molecular Biology of the Cell Journal. Click here for more information on Abstract Publication and Citation (visit the Publication and Citation tab).
Please refer to the table below for set-up, tear-down, and presentation dates/times for posters:
|Presentation Day||Set-Up Day/Time||Odd-Numbered Presentation Time||Even-Numbered Presentation Time||Tear-Down Day/Time|
|Sun. Dec. 4||Sat: 6:00 pm-7:00 pm||12:15 pm-1:45 pm||1:45 pm-3:15 pm||Sun: 3:15 pm-4:00 pm|
|Mon. Dec. 5||Sun: 4:00 pm-5:00 pm||12:15 pm-1:45 pm||1:45 pm-3:15 pm||Mon: 3:15 pm-4:00 pm|
|Tues. Dec. 6||Mon: 4:00 pm-5:00 pm||12:15 pm-1:45 pm||1:45 pm-3:15 pm||Tues: 3:15 pm-4:00 pm**|
If you are presenting on Tuesday and you wish to keep your poster, you must remove your poster no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, December 6. After 4:00 pm on Tuesday, December 6, no attendees will be admitted in to the Exhibit Hall. This is for your own safety as the Exhibit Hall is being dismantled.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Ensure your poster is placed on the assigned poster board for the duration of your assigned poster session (the full period above). If you are unable to set up your poster the evening before your session, please put it up as soon as you can on the morning before your session. In case of emergency, poster presenters who are unable to present should contact the ASCB at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us.
- Stand at your poster during your assigned 90-minute presentation time. Odd board numbers present from 12:15-1:45 pm. Even board numbers present from 1:45-3:15 pm. The notification email will be sent in early November, indicating the poster session assignment, program number, board number, and time of presentation, will contain this information.
- The organizers are not responsible for any posters that are not removed at the designated time. Posters left in the Exhibit Hall after that time may be discarded.
- Poster presenters should not leave any items unattended at their poster board, including poster tubes, meeting bags, personal items, luggage, etc. The ASCB and/or EMBO are not responsible for any items left in the Exhibit Hall.
Poster Board Specifications
The poster board surface area is 3’8″ (1.1 m) high by 6′ (1.828 m) wide. The suggested poster size is 42″ high by 66″ wide. To prepare your poster, we recommend you follow these guidelines (if you wish to organize your poster differently, you are welcome to do so, but please make sure all of these elements appear somewhere on the poster board):
- Create a label for the top of the poster, indicating the assigned program number of the abstract, its title, and all authors. The lettering for this section should not be less than 1″ (2.5 cm) high.
- Place a copy of the abstract, in large type, in the upper left-hand corner of the poster board.
- Ensure illustrations including charts and graphs, can be read from a distance of three feet or more.
- All text should be printed in a font large enough to be read comfortably from a distance of four to five feet (1.5 m).
- Remember to bring thumbtacks, pushpins, or velcro.
Information About Final Abstract Submission (Submitted by October 11)
Abstracts submitted for the Final abstracts deadline will be grouped with the regular abstracts and share the same set-up, tear-down, and presentation times as the regular abstracts. All accepted abstracts, including final abstracts, will be searchable online. In addition, all abstracts will appear in the Mobile App and Online Program.