The Meetings Manager is responsible for managing small meetings for up to 200 attendees and assisting in the planning, programing and execution of a large yearly conference. This position reports to the Director of Meetings,
- Plan, manage and execute one or more meetings per year for up to 250 attendees, duties to include; budget development, marketing plan, web content, speaker communication, registration, logistics, on-site management and more with minimal oversight by the Director of Meetings.
- Assist the Director of Meetings in the planning, programming, and execution of the ASCB annual meeting, a yearly international forum of ~ 7,000 attendees
- Research and manage year-to-year vendors for the Annual Meeting (Security, Photographer, Personnel Services, First Aid) and assist in contract negotiations
- Manage meeting logistics to include; attendee and speaker communications, registration, catering orders, special event contacts, signage, vendor communications and more
- Learn and assist the Director of Meetings with digital media including entering non-abstract based session information into the mobile app and entering content into wordpress based websites.
- Organize housing assignments for speakers, staff, vendors, etc.
- Collect and prepare scientific session information for meeting programs and online postings
- Support the organization of our early career meetings
- 3-7 years of experience in meeting planning and management, preferably for a not-for-profit association, ideally a scientific one.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, quick learner with demonstrable comfort working with existing and new technology
- Experience with preparing food & beverage orders, floor plans and room specs, as well as meeting binders for all vendors, hotels and staff
- Previous experience with content management systems such as WordPress, for posting program information on event websites or familiarity with similar CRMs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Available to travel to meeting city for a site visit in February and for 10 days in December (dates vary depending on the year)
- CMP preferred.
This is a full time position located in ASCB’s Bethesda, MD office.