The American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) held a contest to find amazing images and videos that show the beauty of cell biology. Winning entries will be featured during Cell Bio Virtual 2020 - An Online ASCB|EMBO Meeting in December.
We looked for striking images that feature any aspect of cell biological research, including light and electron micrographs, movies, images of gels or other assays, data visualization, and computer simulations. Submissions were either still images or short (up to 15 second) videos.
How to Enter
- Image and video files will be accepted between September 1 and October 30, 2020.
- Copyrighted or previously published images will not be accepted.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a caption of no more than 125 words describing what is shown in plain language so it can be understood by a broad audience.
- Each submission may have up to 5 credited co-submitters (submitter + 4 participants).
- You do not need to be a member of ASCB to submit.
- Submitters must be at least 18 years old.
Selection of Winners
Members of the ASCB Public Information Committee will choose the winning images and videos.
Winner Notification and Recognition
Winners and runners up will be notified via email after the review is completed. The winning images and videos will be featured during Cell Bio Virtual 2020-An Online ASCB|EMBO Meeting in December.