David Drubin, Editor-in-Chief of Molecular Biology of the Cell (MBoC), and Valerie Weaver, an Associate Editor of MBoC, have announced plans to publish a second special issue on “Forces On and Within Cells.” The first such special issue was published in July 2017 (www.molbiolcell.org/content/28/14.toc). Weaver, of the University of California, San Francisco, will again serve as an Issue Editor and she and Drubin are recruiting other members of the Editorial Board to help.
“We are very pleased with the response to the first issue and with the quality of the work we published,” said Drubin. “I’m so happy that Valerie is willing to do another one. Researchers in this field should know that MBoC is a good home for their work. And as always we strive to provide constructive peer review and quick turnaround of manuscripts.”
Among the topics within the scope of the special issue on Forces On and Within Cells are:
- Force-generating machines
- Force-detecting mechanisms
- Force regulation of cell and tissue phenotype:
- Receptor signaling
- Stem cell differentiation
- Cell migration
- Cell cycle regulation
- Cell survival
- Nuclear architecture
- Chromatin structure and gene expression
- Force regulation of tissue development and homeostasis
- Perturbed force in disease:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Degenerative diseases
- Measuring force at the subcellular, cellular, and tissue level
- Manipulating force at the subcellular, cellular, and tissue level
- Modeling force at the single cell and tissue level
The issue will be published in summer 2018. Authors are encouraged to submit manuscripts by February 1, 2018, to allow time for them to be reviewed and revised by the deadline for the special issue. Manuscripts may be submitted at www.mbcpapers.org. Questions about the issue should be directed to David Drubin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author:
Mark Leader is ASCB's Director of Publications.