An emerging body of work indicates that intrinsically disordered proteins in neurons are essential building blocks of membraneless organelles like RNA granules and subcellular compartments like synapses. In this one-day virtual symposium, we will explore the concepts of liquid condensates, protein aggregation, and their effects on cellular function and neurological disease.
This symposium will serve as a collaborative platform for researchers and scientists to immerse themselves in cutting-edge discussions surrounding liquid condensates, protein aggregation phenomena, and their profound impacts on cellular functions and the landscape of neurological diseases.
- Pietro De Camilli, Yale University
- Shigeki Watanabe, Johns Hopkins University
- Mingjie Zhang, Southern University of Science and Technology (China)
- Up to 20 short talks selected from submitted abstracts.
Short Talk Selection
This event will have up to 20 short talks selected from submitted abstracts. The organizers invite abstracts from those working in any related area of research including synaptic structure and function, neurodegeneration and neural disease, as well as membraneless organelles, liquid condensates, and protein aggregation phenomena in any cell type.
Abstract submissions are due by January 31 and submission is free.
This Is No Ordinary Virtual Meeting!
ASCB’s Emerging Concepts series brings you new research from leaders working on the latest cutting-edge topics in cell science, in a highly interactive online format that helps attendees form new connections and collaborations.
During this event you’ll:
- Hear from leading experts at the forefront of their fields—and you’ll be able to network with them too.
- Come away with new ideas that can inspire your own work.
- Have an opportunity to showcase your own work and receive valuable feedback via 5-minute talks and Q&As. Submit an abstract now.
- Engage in small table discussions where you can meet and interact with colleagues in an intimate setting that allows for real discussions (see the video below).
Starts: March 19, 2024 10:00 am EST, 7:00 am PST, 11:00 pm China Standard Time
Ends: March 19, 2024 3:00 pm EST, 12:00 noon PST, 4:00 am China Standard Time (March 20, 2024)
Short Talk Presenters
Submit an abstract for an opportunity to present your research.
Abstract Submission Extended Deadline:
February 7, 2024
Sponsor An ASCB Emerging Concepts Virtual Event
Sponsoring an ASCB Emerging Concepts Virtual Event is a great opportunity for your organization to get its message out in front of a highly engaged audience in the cell biology industry. Find out more about sponsoring by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|ASCB Member Rate
|Regular (includes Educator)
|Student (includes Graduate and Undergraduate)
Become an ASCB member and take advantage of registration savings!
ASCB will honor requests for refunds if they are in writing and are received no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the meeting. Please send a request to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations are subject to a processing fee of $20 for regular and postdoc rates and $15 for student rates.