Cell Bio Virtual 2020 Inclusivity Grants and WICB Childcare Grants Now Available
For Cell Bio Virtual 2020 – An ASCB|EMBO Meeting, ASCB is offering both Cell Bio Virtual 2020 Inclusivity Grants and WICB Childcare Grants.
The grants will be made available to members who fall under NIH’s Interest in Diversity Notice and are underrepresented within the Society. Through its Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) grant, ASCB can offer funding to ensure access to the meeting for undergraduate, graduate, postdoc, and junior faculty who identify as underrepresented minorities (see definition below).* Underrepresented minorities in these career stages, as well as junior faculty at primarily undergraduate institutions or faculty at minority serving institutions in the United States can apply for these grants. Since actual travel is not required to attend the meeting, the grants will provide reimbursement of both membership dues paid in 2020 and abstract fees. Membership and abstract fees must be submitted in advance of the grant application.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO READ BEFORE YOU APPLY
To apply for a Cell Bio Virtual 2020 Inclusivity Grants you must:
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- Apply for new or reinstated ASCB membership (membership will run through December 2021)
- Submit a poster abstract by October 7 (submission is only necessary if you wish to be reimbursed)
- Grant application extended to December 1st
- Reimbursement will be made after the application is reviewed and confirmed.
* The NIH has determined that the following racial and ethnic groups have been shown to be underrepresented: Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and other Pacific Islanders. AND Individuals with disabilities, who are defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more life activities.
ASCB Virtual 2020 Inclusivity Grants Are Generously Supported by
National Institute of General Medical Sciences, NIH