Are you considering a career in academia? Do you plan to teach? Would you like to learn more about using evidence-based teaching methods?
If so, we hope you’ll consider joining this workshop! The one-day meeting will introduce and explore topics in Scientific Teaching, including active learning, assessment, and equitable teaching practices.
This workshop will provide opportunities to…
– Explore Scientific Teaching — apply your research training to a classroom context.
– Join a network of supportive colleagues from across Bay Area institutions.
– Learn how to promote equity and inclusion in the classroom.
– Network with faculty from Bay Area institutions who use Scientific Teaching in their careers.
– Gather and share resources to create a toolkit for Scientific Teaching — great for preparing teaching statements and teaching demonstrations for job interviews.
Please use the following link to learn more and register for this opportunity: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ASCBPostdocTeachingToolkit
We encourage you to register soon and no later than July 1st, as space is limited for this event.