This will now be a virtual event. It will be held May 30, 9:00-1:00 pm PDT. Program and registration details will be coming soon!
Join us May 30, 2020, at Soka University of America in Aliso Viejo, CA. This day-long conference for a teaching-intensive audience will include plenaries, a poster session, networking lunch, afternoon workshops, and mixer.
Poster/Workshop Abstract Submission is now open.
- Abstracts are invited for 75-minute workshop sessions appropriate for undergraduate biology educators (deadline extended to March 16).
- Abstracts are also invited for posters presenting educational innovations, education research, and science research (deadline: April 20).
- There is no submission fee for either type of abstract.
The deadline for meeting registration is May 24. The cost is $40 for ASCB members and $50 for nonmembers.
- 8:00 am Registration and Coffee
- 9:00 am Welcome and Plenaries (Sara Brownell, Arizona State University: “How groups of students are differentially impacted by active learning” and Rachel Kennison, University of California, Los Angeles: “Preparing graduate students and postdoctoral scholars for success in diverse STEM classrooms by engaging in reflective teaching practices”)
- 10:30 am Break
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm Posters
- 12:30-2:00 pm Networking Lunch
- 2:00-3:15 pm Workshops Session 1
- 3:15-3:45 pm Break
- 3:45-5:00 pm Workshops Session 2
- 5:00 pm Mixer
Discounted hotel rooms ($129) are available at nearby Ayres Hotel, 24341 El Toro Rd., Laguna Woods, CA 92637, 949-588-0131. Book early!