ASCB and EMBO invite the submission of abstracts that report new scientific research developments in all areas of cell biology. Abstracts are welcome from scientists and students in all sectors, including academia, industry, government, and education.
All submitted abstracts are screened to ensure they meet the minimum submission standards outlined in the guidelines below. All abstracts that meet these standards are accepted*. Abstracts are not peer-reviewed, but they are citable.
Abstracts are published online ONLY prior to the meeting and published as a supplement to the December 15, 2022, issue of Molecular Biology of the Cell.
Fees and Deadlines
This deadline has passed
This deadline has passed.
Deadline: September 1
This deadline has passed.
*EMBO Community Members are EMBO Fellows, EMBO Installation Grantees, EMBO Members, Lab Members of EMBO Members, EMBO Young Investigators, EMBO Global Investigators, EMBO Installation Grantees, and Lab Members of EMBO Young Investigators, Global Investigators and Installation Grantees
Waivers for Scholarship of Diversity Poster Topic
Abstract fees will be waived for submissions to the Scholarship of Diversity poster topic. This poster topic covers the impact of diversity on research quality and productivity; evidence-based approaches to improve recruitment and retention in the biomedical research workforce; individual and institutional barriers to workforce diversity; and scaling and dissemination of strategies for eliminating barriers to career transitions.
To qualify, your research must cover one of the topics above, be submitted to the Education, Professional Development, Diversity and Inclusion track, and then select one of topics under Topic 23: Scholarship of Diversity. This is for poster presentation only, so please do not select anything other than Poster presentation.
Confirmation of submission emails and receipts are sent to the submitter only. Notification emails will be sent to the presenting author only (not the submitting author). It is the presenter’s responsibility to share the notification email information with the other authors on the abstract.
- If you submit an abstract by August 2:
- If you are selected to present in a Symposium, Minisymposium, Subgroup, we will email you by September 15.
- If you are selected to present a poster or in a Microsymposium, we will email your abstract acceptance by September 30, and will send another email with your poster discussion session presentation date, time, and presentation number by early November.
- If you submit an abstract by September 1 (Poster Only Deadline):
- If you are selected to present a poster, we will email your abstract acceptance by September 30, and will send another email with your poster presentation date, time, and presentation number in early November.
- If you submit an abstract by October 11 (Poster Only Deadline):
- If you are selected to present a poster, we will email your abstract acceptance by October 28, and will send another email with your poster discussion session presentation date, time, and presentation number in early November.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book and “whitelist” to ensure you receive email notifications from the organizers. If you do not receive an email by the dates listed above, please first check your spam folder, or log in to the abstract system to check the status of your abstract. If you are unable to see the status, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.