Minisymposia sessions offer the most groundbreaking research within each of the seven scientific meeting tracks at Cell Bio 2020. Top-scoring abstracts submitted to each scientific track by the July 30 deadline will be considered to give one of six talks in each minisymposium. Abstracts will be scored by the Minisymposia Co-Chairs and the average score will be used to determine top-scoring abstracts. These top-scoring abstracts will be organized into the individual Minisymposium sessions by the Co-Chairs and the Program Committee Track Chairs in late August.
There will be 28 total Minisymposia sessions at the Cell Bio 2020 meeting with seven session each on Sunday afternoon from 3:45 pm to 5:15 pm, and 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, and Tuesday afternoon from 3:45 pm to 5:15 pm, and 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
Now Accepting Co-Chair Applications
We are seeking co-chairs for each Minisymposium to review abstracts and chair the session during the meeting.
Eligibility Requirements: Open to all ASCB Regular and Educator Members, EMBO Members, and EMBO Young Investigators.
Not an ASCB member? Join/renew your ASCB membership to become eligible
Application Deadline Extension: Thursday, April 30, 2020
How To Apply
Minisymposium Co-Chair Application Requirements
- All applicants are required to login with your ASCB account first. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one before applying.
- You must:
- Select a primary scientific track, with an optional secondary scientific track.
- Provide a link to your lab website
- Write a Research Impact Statement (200-300 words) - a summary of your research, highlighting your top accomplishments over the last five years.
- Explain why you are applying to be a Minisymposium Co-Chair (125 words or less)
Minisymposium Co-Chair Responsibilities
Minisymposium Co-Chairs are responsible for reviewing abstracts, assigning talks to Minisymposia sessions, and introducing the speakers on the day of the Minisymposium. Minisymposia Co-Chairs are not eligible to speak in their session.
Two (2) Minisymposium Co-Chairs will be selected per scientific meeting track.
Minisympsium Co-Chairs will:
- Review and score up to 150 abstracts submitted to their scientific track. The review period will take place between August 12 and August 24.
- Create a specified number of Minisymposia sessions, with help by the Program Committee Track Chairs. Each Minisymposium session will consist of six (6) talks, based on the top-scoring abstracts.
- Chair the session at Cell Bio 2020. Co-Chairs will work together to introduce the speakers in each Minisymposium.
Minisymposium Co-Chairs must be available during the following time periods
- Wednesday, August 12 through Monday, August 24 - Abstract Review Period
- Sunday, December 6 or Tuesday, December 8 - Day of Minisymposium
Minisymposium Co-Chair Benefits
- Complimentary Registration to Cell Bio 2020
- Travel Stipend
- Traveling from U.S./Canada institutions - $300
- Traveling outside of U.S./Canada institutions - $500