Special Interest Subgroups
Deadline to apply is May 1, 2019
Special Interest Subgroups are 3-hour member organized sessions that take a deeper dive into the various specialty subjects under the umbrella of cell biology. Organizers will select speakers, and arrange the schedule for the sessions.
New this year- All talks in a Special Interest Subgroup session will require an abstract submission. Members organizing these sessions will receive five complimentary submissions for invited speakers but can encourage others to submit as well. Organizers will have the opportunity to read through all abstracts submitted to their topic to allow them to design their sessions with the most cutting edge research available.
The application form is due by May 1 and requests the following information:
- Applicant and Co-Organizer(s), if applicable, contact information.
- Proposed subgroup details, including:
- Proposed Meeting Title
- Proposed Description
- Proposed Speakers with Affiliations. Please do not pre-invite speakers before you are approved.
- Anticipated Attendance for the session
- Affirmations. You will be asked to check the boxes agreeing to the following:
- You confirm all organizers are ASCB members
- You understand that Special Interest Subgroups will be scheduled Saturday morning (8:30 am – 11:30 pm) and afternoon (12:30 pm – 3:30 pm) and time slots concurrent with minisymposia and if selected, you will present in whichever time slot is assigned.
- You have read and agree to the terms as outlined in the Financial and Organizational Guidelines Tab. You also understand that this is a competitive process and not all applications will be approved.
- You have not pre-invited any of the speakers. You understand that the Program Committee may ask you to merge your session with another applicant or slightly alter the topic. If your application is accepted, you understand you will have until August 1 to ensure all your speakers have submitted their abstracts, and will select the abstracts and put together your schedule between August 5 and August 19.
Once the application form is submitted, you will have the ability to log in and edit any aspects of your application until the application deadline of May 1.
WHAT ATTENDEES SAY?
" The Special Interest Subgroups generated the most excitement at the meeting - they give a wide range of people get a chance to talk, they reflect what the membership finds interesting/exciting and it is all about the science and an exchange of ideas. "
"The subgroups are the most dynamic and well-attended part of the meeting. "
"The Saturday Subgroups are a wonderful learning opportunity."