In San Francisco, the onsite ASCB Newsroom can help you get your story, whether you’re in town or working from afar. We can help set up interviews with scientific newsmakers at the meeting and find researchers who might be able to comment on new research. Email John Fleischman at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call him at 513-706-0212.
Press Registration in San Francisco, CA
Online Working Press registration will close shortly before the meeting. Walk-up Working Press registration; however, will be available starting December 3 in San Francisco at the ASCB Meetings Management Office (Room 110) for those with professional identification.
Who Is Working Press?
- Science writers
- News producers
- Desk editors
- Freelance science journalists
- Public information officers for nonprofit institutions
- Journalism teachers and students covering the 2016 ASCB Meeting (contact email@example.com first)
- Full-time professional editors for scientific journals (please note that this policy will change as of the 2017 meeting at which time professional editors will have to pay for registration)
- Science bloggers (will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
Working Press at the meeting must have both personal and professional identification. Professional identification might include:
- A police or other official “press” card
- A PIO badge or other identification from a nonprofit research institution
- A media business card, or an assignment letter from an editor or news producer who can be contacted
- Current members of the National Association of Science Writers, International Science Writers Association, or Canadian Science Writers Association can use their membership cards as professional identification
Media ContactsJohn Fleischman, ASCB Senior Science Writer
513-929-4635 (Eastern U.S. time)