Membership and Marketing
- Develop monthly reports on membership metrics; work with the Finance Department and CEO on operational and budgetary issues.
- Develop and organize programs and initiatives designed to increase membership; provide analysis of existing programs and membership statistics as well as membership retention rates.
- Write membership and sponsorship recruitment materials, appeal letters, brochures, and create awareness of member benefits; jointly develop innovative marketing strategies and implement creative tactics to grow membership with the Communications Department.
- Oversee the continual analysis of all email campaigns to monitor the success of marketing campaigns and to determine membership trends and demographics
- Maintain ASCB membership database by ensuring timely accuracy of all membership records.
- Ensure sponsorships and donations are accurately acknowledged and tracked.
- Motivate and educate staff to participate in membership promotion and development.
- Provide members with white-glove service and respond to member inquires.
Committee and Program Management
- Serve as the staff liaison to Membership Committee. Lead projects and key programs that will increase member engagement and visibility. Keep the Membership Committee engaged to serve as content expert in the functional area of membership. Oversee the strategic direction of this volunteer group.
International Affairs Committee
- Serve as the staff liaison to International Affairs Committee by being a content expert in the functional area of international expansion and engagement, and oversee the strategic direction of this committee. Organize, plan, and execute Annual Meeting Funding sessions, roundtables and international exchange fair. Spearhead projects that establish and foster international partnerships.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Ambassadors. Create roles and duties and energize the group to serve as the local voice for the Society through promotion of ASCB events and membership through their institutions and their personal contacts.
Other Duties (10%)
- Work with the Finance Department to help reconcile dues, journal sales, and donations. Prepare membership report for the auditors and demonstrate checks, balances and procedural details for membership dues reconciliation.
- Troubleshoot and follow-up on programming issues with the database, MyASCB and online membership application, registration, abstract submission and renewal process.
- Serve as a primary contact for Annual Meeting registrations process, registration reports for Meeting and Finance Departments.
- Manage and negotiate relationships with award vendors to ensure appropriate product/services are delivered timely, accurately and within budget.
- Customer/ Client Focus
- Program or Project Management
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- 3+ years of managerial and association experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- iMIS experience is strongly preferred.
- Project management experience (minimum of one year’s experience).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A “doer” with a keen sense of urgency, excellent follow-up, and attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and on tight deadlines while maintaining professional relationships with colleagues at all times.
- Demonstrates an interest in ASCB’s mission.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Meetings Manager is responsible for managing small meetings for up to 200 attendees and assisting in the planning, programing and execution of a large yearly conference. This position reports to the Director of Meetings,
- Plan, manage and execute one or more meetings per year for up to 250 attendees, duties to include; budget development, marketing plan, web content, speaker communication, registration, logistics, on-site management and more with minimal oversight by the Director of Meetings.
- Assist the Director of Meetings in the planning, programming, and execution of the ASCB annual meeting, a yearly international forum of ~ 7,000 attendees
- Research and manage year-to-year vendors for the Annual Meeting (Security, Photographer, Personnel Services, First Aid) and assist in contract negotiations
- Manage meeting logistics to include; attendee and speaker communications, registration, catering orders, special event contacts, signage, vendor communications and more
- Learn and assist the Director of Meetings with digital media including entering non-abstract based session information into the mobile app and entering content into wordpress based websites.
- Organize housing assignments for speakers, staff, vendors, etc.
- Collect and prepare scientific session information for meeting programs and online postings
- Support the organization of our early career meetings
- 5-7 years of experience in meeting planning and management, preferably for a not-for-profit association, ideally a scientific one.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, quick learner with demonstrable comfort working with existing and new technology
- Experience with preparing food & beverage orders, floor plans and room specs, as well as meeting binders for all vendors, hotels and staff
- Previous experience with content management systems such as WordPress, for posting program information on event websites or familiarity with similar CRMs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Available to travel to meeting city for a site visit in February and for 10 days in December (dates vary depending on the year)
- CMP preferred.
This is a full time position located in ASCB’s Bethesda, MD office.
Interested candidates should send an email referencing the Meeting Manager position to email@example.com and include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.