The ASCB is accepting applications and nominations for the chair of the Public Information Committee, for a three-year term beginning in January 2017.T
The Public Information Committee (PIC) is the public outreach arm of the Society, seeking to promote basic cell research to the widest possible audience and to help ASCB members polish their skills in science communication. The PIC is about telling stories about cells and cell scientists to the world.
For the PIC chair, we seek an ASCB member who shows:
- A strong interest in science communications
- Familiarity with the rapidly changing world of traditional science journalism, online media platforms, and social media
- Decisiveness and experience working with a committee
- An understanding of narrative
- Experience with science communication for a public audience through articles, books, videos, talks, or other media
Applications will be reviewed, and the Chair chosen, by the ASCB Council. ASCB members interested in this leadership opportunities (or in nominating someone else) are asked to provide the following:
- Name of applicant
- Title and affiliation of applicant
- If a self-nomination, a one-page statement of why you want to be Chair
- If a nomination of someone else, a one-page statement by the nominator of why the person would be a good Chair. The person should know he or she is being nominated.
- Applicant’s CV
Please submit applications or questions to PICChairSearch@ascb.org by June 1, 2016.