The Committee for Postdocs and Students (COMPASS) represents young scientists within ASCB. We are dedicated to providing a forum for student and postdoc members to identify and address topics that are essential to their success. We strive to uphold the values and advance the goals of ASCB by promoting the active participation of students and postdocs in the scientific community and maximizing their effectiveness.
Our goals are:
- To create programming and resources that directly address the training and career development needs of graduate students and postdocs.
- To promote opportunities for science advocacy and outreach that facilitate active engagement between young scientists and society.
- To increase the visibility of student and postdoc perspectives within the ASCB by authoring content for society publications and the ASCB website.
- To foster community and connection between young scientist members of ASCB.
At all stages of scientist training, COMPASS is here to help chart your path!
- Stefano Bertuzzi
- Christina Szalinski
- Theodore Ho (COMPASS Co-Chair, Chair Data Subcommittee), graduate student at University of California, San Francisco
- Bruno Rocha-Azevedo (COMPASS Co-Chair), postdoc at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
- Jessica Polka, postdoc at Harvard Medical School
- Hashem Dbouk (Chair Communications Subcommittee, Membership liaison), postdoc at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Paul Mungai, AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellow at U.S. Department of State
- Brittany Belin (Co-Chair of Career Development Subcommittee, WICB liaison), graduate student at University of California, San Francisco
- Jay Bhatt, graduate student at University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Kellyann Jones-Jamtgaard (Minority Affairs Liaison, Public Policy Liaison), graduate student at University of Kansas Medical Center
- Pinar Gurel (Co-Chair Outreach Subcommittee, Public Information Liaison), postdoc at National Institutes of Health
- Courtney Schroeder (Co-Chair of Career Development Subcommittee), graduate student at University of California, San Francisco
- Melissa Pamula (Secretary), graduate student at Rockefeller University
- V. Kenyi Saito-Diaz (International Affairs Liaison), graduate student at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Elisa Vitiello, graduate student at University College London
- Adriana Bankston, postdoc at University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Arunika Das, graduate student at Rutgers University
- Lesley Weaver (Co-Chair of Communications Subcommittee), postdoc at Johns Hopkins University
- Gary McDowell, postdoc at Tufts University
- Sushama Sivakumar, postdoc at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Paulo Caceres, postdoc at Wayne State University
Alyssa Lesko, graduate student at University of Notre Dam
Travis Bernardo, postdoc at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Cristian Suarez, postdoc at University of Chicago
Scott Wilkinson (Education Liaison), graduate student at Emory University
Dennis Zimmerman, postdoc at University of Chicago
Anupam Das, graduate student at Albany Medical College
Wahid Mulla, graduate student at Stowers Institute for Medical Research
Brooke Gardner, postdoc at University of California, Berkeley
- Erin Turk (2013-2015)
- Laura Diaz-Martinez (2013-2015)
- Michelle Dubuke (2013-2015)
- Gina Razidlo (2013-2015)
- Joshua Nicholson (2013-2014)
Stephanie Holmer (2013-2014)
Stephanie Crockett (2013-2014)
Yumi Kim (2013-2014)
Kah Wai Lin (2013-2014)
- Anna Sophia Gayek (2013-2014)
Career Development, Communications, Outreach, Social, Data collection and analysis.