The Committee for Postdocs and Students (COMPASS) represents young scientists within ASCB. We are dedicated to providing a forum for student and postdoc members to identify and address topics that are essential to their success. We strive to uphold the values and advance the goals of ASCB by promoting the active participation of students and postdocs in the scientific community and maximizing their effectiveness.
Our goals are:
- To create programming and resources that directly address the training and career development needs of graduate students and postdocs.
- To promote opportunities for science advocacy and outreach that facilitate active engagement between young scientists and society.
- To increase the visibility of student and postdoc perspectives within the ASCB by authoring content for society publications and the ASCB website.
- To foster community and connection between young scientist members of ASCB.
At all stages of scientist training, COMPASS is here to help chart your path!
- Jessica Polka (COMPASS Co-Chair), Harvard Medical School
- Stephanie Crockett, University of Alabama Birmingham
- Hashem Dbouk (Membership liaison, Co-Chair Communications Subcommittee), University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Laura Diaz-Martinez, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center/HHMI
- Bruno Rocha-Azevedo (PIC Liaison, Chair Outreach Subcommittee), University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Paul Mungai (Public Policy Liaison), University of Illinois at Chicago;
- Gina Razidlo (Co-Chair Communications Subcommittee), Mayo Clinic
Grad Student Members
- Theodore Ho (COMPASS Co-Chair, Chair Data Subcommittee), University of California, San Francisco
- Brittany Belin (Co-Chair of Career Development Subcommittee), University of California, San Francisco
- Jay Bhatt, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Kellyann Jones-Jamtgaard (Minority Affairs Liaison, Education Liaison) University of Kansas Medical Center
- Michelle Dubuke, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Pinar Gurel (Chair Social Subcommittee), Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College
- Joshua Nicholson, Virginia Tech
- Courtney Schroeder (WICB liaison), University of California, San Francisco
- Erin Turk (Co-Chair of Career Development Subcommittee), Stanford University
- Melissa Pamula (Secretary), Rockefeller University
- Anna Gayek, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- V. Kenyi Saito-Diaz (International Affairs Liaison), Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Elisa Vitiello, Institute of Ophthalmology, UK
Career Development, Communications, Outreach, Social, Data collection and analysis