Editing an Abstract
You may edit an abstract after submission up to the following deadlines:
- If you submit by August 2, edit abstract until August 4.
- If you submit by September 1, edit abstract until September 6.
- If you submit by October 13, edit abstract until October 14.
To edit your abstract, log into the submission site (via the button above–beginning June 1)
and select the blue pencil icon next to the abstract you wish to edit. Make and preview your changes, and click Save and Exit at the bottom.
After these deadlines, contact email@example.com
to see if we can assist you with minor edits only.
Withdrawing an Abstract
All withdrawal requests must be in writing and must confirm that all authors have been notified and agree with the decision to withdraw.
Note: Abstracts that have been submitted successfully and paid for will not be refunded, even if they are withdrawn. The only exception to this rule is if you accidentally submitted a duplicate abstract (same exact title, text, etc.)
- You can login to the submission site and withdraw your abstract before the abstract deadline.
- You can request abstract withdrawal before peer review via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- August 4 for abstracts submitted by the August 2 deadline.
- September 7 for abstracts submitted by the September 1 deadline.
- October 16 for abstracts submitted by the October 13 deadline.
- You can request abstract withdrawal via email to email@example.com by October 21 so it does not appear in meeting publications. After this date, any withdrawn abstracts may still appear in the Annual Meeting Program, and the supplement to Molecular Biology of the Cell, but ASCB will attempt to remove it from the online program and mobile app.