Poster Presentation Guidelines and Uploading Information
Upload your Poster for Online Viewing During the Meeting (Optional)
To increase visibility of your research, you have the option to upload an electronic version of your poster to a password-protected website. These posters will only be available for viewing by registered 2015 ASCB Annual meeting attendees from Thursday, December 10 through Wednesday, December 16. We will provide the website URL and upload instructions via email in early November.
You can add a watermark to your posters prior to upload.
Attendees will be able to contact you with questions or comments about your research via email but they will not see your email address.
Poster Presentation Information and Dates
All posters will be displayed and presented in the ASCB Learning Center. Abstracts scheduled for presentation in poster sessions will be grouped by topic, assigned a program and board number, and will appear in the Poster Guide. Regular and late abstracts will be available online on or around November 18. For purposes of citation they are considered to be a supplement to the December 15, 2015 issue of Molecular Biology of the Cell Journal. Click here for more information on Abstract Publication and Citation.
Please refer to the table below for set-up, tear-down, and presentation dates/times for posters:
|Presentation Day||Set-Up Day/Time||Odd-Numbered Presentation Time||Even-Numbered Presentation Time||Tear-Down Day/Time|
|Sun. Dec.13||Sat: 5:30 pm-8:00 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Sun: 5:30 pm-6:00 pm|
|Mon. Dec. 14||Sun: 6:00 pm-6:30 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Mon: 5:30 pm-6:00 pm|
|Tues. Dec. 15||Mon: 6:00 pm-6:30 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Tues: 3:30 pm-4:00 pm**|
If you are presenting on Tuesday and you wish to keep your poster, you must remove your poster no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, December 15. After 4:00 pm on Tuesday, December 15, no attendees will be admitted in to the ASCB Learning Center. This is for your own safety as the Learning Center is being dismanteled.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Ensure your poster is placed on the assigned poster board for the duration of your assigned poster session (the full period above). If you are unable to set up your poster the evening before your session, please put it up as soon as you can on the morning before your session. In case of emergency, poster presenters who are unable to present should contact the ASCB at email@example.com to notify us.
- Stand at your poster during your assigned 90-minute presentation time. Odd board numbers present from 12:00-1:30 pm. Even board numbers present from 1:30-3:00 pm. The notification email sent in early November, indicating the poster session assignment, program number, board number, and time of presentation, will contain this information.
- The ASCB is not responsible for any posters that are not removed at the designated time. Posters left in the ASCB Learning Center after that time may be discarded.
- Poster presenters should not leave any items unattended at their poster board, including poster tubes, meeting bags, Annual Meeting Programs, personal items, luggage, etc. The ASCB is not responsible for any items left in the ASCB Learning Center.
Poster Board Specifications
The poster board surface area is 3’8″ (1.1 m) high by 6′ (1.828 m) wide. To prepare your posters:
- Create a label for the top of the poster, indicating the assigned program number of the abstract, its title, and all authors. The lettering for this section should not be less than 1″ (2.5 cm) high.
- Place a copy of the abstract, in large type, in the upper left-hand corner of the poster board.
- Ensure illustrations including charts and graphs, can be read from a distance of three feet or more.
- All text should be printed in a font large enough to be read comfortably from a distance of four to five feet (1.5 m).
- Remember to bring thumbtacks, pushpins, or velcro.
Information About Final Abstract Submission (Submitted by October 14)
Abstracts submitted for the Final abstracts deadline will be grouped with the regular abstracts and share the same set-up, tear-down, and presentation times as the regular abstracts.
All accepted abstracts, including final abstracts, will be searchable online. In addition, all abstracts will appear in the Poster Guide.