- Hotel Reservations
- Room-Share Information
- Early Bird Prizes
- Hotel Map
- Hotel Amenities Chart
- Why Book in the Official Housing Block?
- Special Note about Hotel Prices
- Avoid Housing Pirates
- Hotel Cancellation Policy
- Please Don't Be a ``No-Show``
- Unauthorized Use Policy
The ASCB has contracted with specific hotels offering special rates during the 2014 ASCB/IFCB Meeting. Please visit onPeak to make your hotel reservation. Reservations are first-come, first-served, starting at $99.50 per night for ASCB student members, and $159 per night for all other attendees, plus 15.5% tax. Hotel reservations may be made online at onPeak or by contacting onPeak at 800-220-9540. International participants may book online at onPeak or call 1-312-527-7300.
Hotel Reservation Deadline is November 3, 2014.
If you are contacted by housing agencies other than onPeak, please advise ASCB, because such agencies are not authorized by the ASCB and the hotels may not be reputable.
The Room-Share program is intended to help attendees save meeting costs by room-sharing. It is available to each registered meeting attendee who fills out the form to voluntarily enroll in the program, and accepts the terms of the legal disclaimer on the application form.
The ASCB assumes no responsibility with respect to these services and accepts no liabilities.
Early Bird Prizes Available
Early bird prizes are available for those who book their housing by October 1.
Reserve your hotel room through onPeak for the 2014 ASCB/IFCB Meeting by October 1, and be entered into a random drawing to win any one of the following prizes:
- One (1) night’s room and tax at one of the hotels within the ASCB block (two of these certificates will be given). Winner does not have ability to choose hotel.
- One (1) complimentary abstract submission for the 2015 meeting in San Diego, December 12-15, 2015 (up to $125 value).
- One (1) $10 voucher to be used at any one of the concession stands in the Pennsylvania Convention Center (10 of these certificates will be given).
- One (1) $5 JAVA City voucher to be used at the Pennsylvania Convention Center (10 of these certificates will be given).
- Additional value adds to come, once available.
Reserve your hotel room at one of these hotels through onPeak to qualify for a drawing of additional hotel-specific prizes:
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown: Two night weekend stay including breakfast buffet for two each morning ($918 Approximate Value, for a future stay)
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Dinner for two in the DT restaurant; Standing O Bar/Bistro ($50 Value)
- Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia: Complimentary room upgrade at the group rate ($300 Value) – 2 Winners
- Le Meridian, a Starwood Hotel: Upgrade at the group rate ($1,200 Approximate Value) – 4 Winners
- Loews Philadelphia: Breakfast for two at Bank & Bourbon ($60 Value)
- Marriott Philadelphia Downtown: Two night stay for two in a king guestroom ($1,058 Approximate Value, for a future stay)
- The Ritz Carlton Philadelphia: $125.00 food and beverage credit to be used in hotel restaurant, lounge, or in room dining ($125 Value)
Rules and Guidelines
- All 2014 ASCB/IFCB paying registrants who reserve a hotel room through onPeak within the ASCB hotel block by October 1 are eligible.
- There is only one prize per registrant.
- If a winner cancels his/her attendance and hotel room at the meeting, he/she forfeits the prize.
- Prize winners will be informed in mid-October.
- Prizes will be distributed to winners in Philadelphia. Prizes will not be mailed or distributed after the meeting. Registrants who fail to pick up their prize forfeit the prize.
- Official rules for hotel prizes through onPeak visit: http://onpeak.co/e/ascb/ASCB_2014_fineprint.html
Why Book in the Official Housing Block?
- Price: We’ve secured the lowest available hotel rates.
- Choice Hotels: Hotels have been hand-picked to meet your needs.
- Convenience: A one-stop travel shop is at your service.
- Support: We’re your advocate before, during, and after your stay.
- Reputation: The housing block illustrates the ASCB’s value to the city.
Special Note about Hotel Prices
Hotel prices can fluctuate widely, and ASCB is aware that attractive rates are available online. However, the ASCB and onPeak have negotiated special rates and added-value incentives with hotels that are fully competitive with online offerings. Moreover, reserving rooms in the ASCB Housing Block offers attendees important benefits. Please cooperate by booking your hotel room through onPeak by November 3. After that date, rooms are not guaranteed at the negotiated rate. If ASCB fills its Housing Block, the Society secures both competitive room rates and larger blocks of rooms for subsequent Annual Meetings. If you see online rates at any of the hotels in our block that are markedly lower than current ASCB offerings, please contact Trina Armstrong, ASCB Director of Meetings.
Avoid Housing Pirates
Only the official ASCB housing partner onPeak on behalf of the ASCB may contact you (either by email or phone) about booking hotels for the 2014 ASCB/IFCB Meeting in Philadelphia. All exhibitors and meeting attendees should book hotels through the official housing partner onPeak. If someone other than onPeak on behalf of the ASCB contacts you via email, phone, or fax, please do not provide your personal information, especially your credit card number. If you provide your credit card information to one of these companies (commonly referred to as “pirates” or “housing bandits”), your credit card may be charged and you might not have a hotel room when you arrive in Philadelphia. If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room at the upcoming ASCB/IFCB Meeting, or who represents himself or herself as the “ASCB housing partner,” please get as much information as you can, such as the name of the company, person calling, and telephone number. Then contact Trina Armstrong, ASCB Director of Meetings or call 301-347-9325 and provide her the information.
Hotel Cancellation Policy
You may make changes to or cancel your hotel reservation online at onPeak or by clicking the link in your confirmation email until November 3, 2014. You may also call onPeak directly at 800-220-9540 within U.S./Canada. International participants may make changes online at onPeak or call 1-312-527-7300.
Beginning on November 4, individuals must contact hotels directly to change/cancel reservations. To avoid any penalties, please be sure to change or cancel your reservation at least 72 hours in advance of arrival.
Cancellation of a room or rooms in its entirety received less than 72 hours prior to arrival will result in a charge of one night’s room and tax to the credit card provided and loss of reservation. Reservations guaranteed by check or wire transfer will forfeit the one-night deposit. Failure to check in on your confirmed arrival date will also result in a penalty of one night’s room and tax and loss of reservation.
Please Don’t Be a “No-Show”
If you cancel your plans to attend the 2014 ASCB/IFCB Meeting, remember to cancel your meeting registration and hotel reservation as quickly as possible. The ASCB strives to obtain the largest number of hotel rooms near the Pennsylvania Convention Center at the lowest possible rate for attendees. Hotels are reluctant to commit large room blocks and offer lower rates if the ASCB has a high no-show rate (number of attendees with reservations who do not show up and do not cancel reservations). If a reservation is canceled properly, it will help you avoid charges and allows another ASCB attendee the chance to book the room.