- Getting to Philadelphia
- Airport (PHL)
- Airline Discounts
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Train Station (Amtrak)
- Train Discounts (Amtrak)
- Driving to Philadelphia
- Ride-Share and Fueled by ASCB
- Ground Transportation
Getting to Philadelphia
Philadelphia is easily accessible by air or train. Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is open to 28 airlines operating approximately 600 flights daily. Philadelphia is also serviced by Amtrak which operates high-speed trains along the Northeast Corridor and stops at the 30th Street Station in the downtown area. Driving to Philadelphia is easy as it sits in the middle of the Northeast Corridor of the county and is within a day’s drive of 40% of the American population. Philadelphia is 1.5 hours from New York, 2.5 hours from Washington, D.C., and 2 minutes off of I-95.
The Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is located 9.2 miles south of downtown Philadelphia. Approximate time to downtown ranges between 18-25 minutes depending on the time, day, and mode of transportation. This airport is the only major airport serving the 6th largest metropolitan area in the United States, and it is owned and operated by the City of Philadelphia. The airport operates nearly 600 daily nonstop flights from 120 cities, including 60 daily and seasonal flights from 36 international destinations. The short trip into Center City from the airport takes 20 minutes on the Regional Rail Line. Flat-rate fare cabs and buses also make travel to and from the airport quick and easy. See below of more information on Ground Transporation. Visit http://www.phl.org for more information.
The ASCB has partnered with American, Delta and United Airlines for the following discounts:
American–5% Call American Meeting at 800-433-1790 and provide the meeting code for both American Domestic and International – 81D4BA. Please note: There will be a $25 service fee for bookings done over the phone. You can avoid a service fee go to www.aa.com and entering 81D4BA in the Offer Code Box.
Delta – 2%-5% Reservations and ticketing are available via www.delta.com or by calling Delta Meeting Network Reservations at 800-328-1111. Please note that a Direct Ticketing Charge of $25 will apply for booking by phone and $35 if booked at a ticketing office. When booking online, select Meeting Event Code and enter your Meeting ID NMF72 in the box provided on the Search Flight page for domestic and Meeting ID NMHR8 for international travel
United – Discount 2% – 5% depending on the ticket cost Call United Meeting at 800-468-7022 and provide the Z code ZRCR and the Agreement code 725354. Please note: There will be a $25 service fee for bookings done over the phone. You can avoid a service fee and get an additional 3% off by going to www.united.com and entering ZRCR725354in the Offer Code Box.
December 6-10 2014, Pennsylvania Convention Center
$5 Off Airport Shuttle Transportation to and from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to your hotel.
To Book a Reservation:
Click on the reservation link below and use the discount code at checkout. Your reservation must be made on-line in order to use the coupon code.
Discount Code for Service:
Code – ASCB2014
How To Make Your Airport Shuttle Reservation:
- Click on your reservation link above and do a quick search to find your hotel
- Press “continue booking”
- Choose the type of service you want, “pick up from airport” and “roundtrip”, click “schedule pickup”
- Click “reserve now” and add the discount code on this checkout page
Your reservation must be made on-line in order to use the coupon code.
Once you complete your reservation an email confirmation will be sent to you and this will be your travel voucher for your airport transportation. It will also include instructions on where to meet your shuttle when you arrive at the airport.
EXISTING RESERVATIONS: If you need to make changes AFTER your reservation is complete please contact customer service at: 800-851-4528, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Monday – Friday 7am – 9pm EST, Saturday and Sunday 9am – 7pm EST.
NEW RESERVATIONS: To Book an Airport Shuttle at over 100 US Airports, 24 Hours/7 days, call 877-300-4826. To receive discount book online at: www.Shuttlefare.com
Train Station (Amtrak)
Philadelphia’s historic 30th Street Station (PHL) is the 3rd busiest Amtrak train station in the United States. Conveniently located in the Northeast United States, Philadelphia is easily accessible through Amtrak trains from both the Midwest and along the Northeast Corridor. While it takes only 1 hour and 20 minutes to reach Philadelphia from New York City and just 1 hour and 45 minutes from Washington, D.C., Amtrak trains also arrive at Philadelphia from Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, New Orleans, and more. The train station is located at 2955 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. See below for information on ground transportation from the train station.
Train Discounts (Amtrak)
Amtrak offers a 10% discount off the best available rail fare to Philadelphia, PA for travel between December 3, 2014 and December 13, 2014. To book your reservation and take advantage of this discount, please call Amtrak at 1-800-872-7245, or contact your local travel agent. Please note, this discount cannot be applied to fares booked via the Internet. To receive the discount, refer to Convention Fare Code X84S-906 when making your reservation. This offer is not valid on the Auto Train and Acela Service. Fare discount is valid on Amtrak Regional for all departures between December 3, and December 13, 2014. Offer is valid with Sleepers, Business Class, or First Class seats with payment of the full applicable accommodation charges.
Residents of the Northeast can also arrive in Philadelphia by bus. New Jersey Transit, Greyhound, Megabus, and Bolt Bus all service Philadelphia. New Jersey Transit (1-800-772-2222), and the Greyhound Terminal are located at 10th and Filbert Streets. Megabus and Bolt Bus arrive across the street from the 30th Street Amtrak Train Station, with the exception of the Megabuses to/from New York City which stop at both the Amtrak station and the Independence Hall Visitors Center at 5th and Market Streets. Megabus offers quality, affordable service to Philadelphia from many cities, including Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Toronto, while Bolt Bus departs from Boston, New York, and Newark.
Driving to Philadelphia
Please click here for driving directions to the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
There are more than 13,000 parking spaces in Center City with a number of parking lots and garages within walking distance of the convention center.
For more information on parking locations, view map.
Ride-Share and Fueled by ASCB Program Information
The ASCB Ride-Share program is intended to help local Philadelphia Mid-Atlantic area registered meeting attendees save meeting costs by ride-sharing. This is open to all registered meeting attendees. If you are interested in receiving a list of others who are interested in the Program, please sign up using the link to the form below.
Fueled by ASCB: ASCB Will Pay for Your Gas to Philadelphia!
The Fueled by ASCB program is available to ASCB student members only. We want to help you get to Philadelphia! If you live within a 500-mile radius and are a current ASCB student member, we will pay for your gas one-way to Philadelphia. The first 50 ASCB student members to sign up by November 3, 2014, will qualify. For more information and to apply, click on button below.
Ground Transportation (from Airports/Train Stations to Hotels/Convention Center)
Airport to Downtown:
- Taxi/Cab– Taxis offer a Flat Rate from the Airport to Central Philadelphia Area of $28.50 (This area encompasses: Fairmount Ave (most Northern point), South Street (most Southern point) Delaware River (most eastern point) and University City/ 38th Street (most Western point).An additional $1.00 per passenger ($3.00 maximum) after the first passenger will be charged on flat rate trips between the Airport and Center City for passengers over age 12. In addition, there will be an $1.50 Airport fee charged.
- Public Transit– The SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) Rail Line connects the entire Philadelphia Region. The Regional High Speed Airport Line (R-1) connects the airport directly to the downtown area. The Convention Center is located at the Market East Station. As of July 1, 2013, the onboard, cash only, fare to the Center City is $8.00 weekdays and $7.00 evenings and weekends. If advance purchases are made, it is $6.50 weekdays and $5.00 evenings and weekends. For more information, visit the rail line website.
- Rental Car- PHL boasts a number of rental car companies. For more information, visit the airport’s website. ASCB members and meeting attendees are eligible for rental car discounts through Avis and Hertz. Refer to the following codes when making rental car reservations to take advantage of the discounts:
- Avis- www.avis.com, 1-800-230-4898. Code: T755300
- Hertz- www.hertz.com, 1-800-654-3131. Code: 130181
- Sedan, Limousine Services, and Shared Ride Van. For information please go to the Ground Transportation Information desk, which is located in each baggage claim area.
Train/Bus Station to Downtown (30th Street)
- Taxi/Cab– Taxi service is available from the train station to the center city area. Fares are based on the meter, which as of 4/18/2014, is $2.70 plus $2.30 per mile or portion thereof. All taxi rates are based on per trip and not per person. Most taxis can accommodate up to 3 passengers. A fleet of 14,000 cabs serves the area.
- Public Transit/SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority)- SEPTA provides transportation from the rail station to the surrounding area. The Market East station is closest to the Convention Center and surrounding hotels. SEPTA offers a vast option of transit services, including buses, trolleys, trackless trolleys, subways, and Regional Rail (our commuter rail). Customers have a variety of fare options to suit their travel needs. Paying the cash fare of $2.25 on transit services is the simplest way to ride, however tickets, tokens and passes offer additional savings. To ride aboard Regional Rail, cash, a ticket or a pass are accepted forms of payment. For more details on Fares and Schedules please visit the SEPTA website: http://www.septa.org/index.html.
There are more than 13,000 parking spaces in Center City with a number of parking lots and garages within walking distance of the convention center. For more information on parking locations, view map.
The Convention Center Parking Facility, located across the street from the convention center at 1324 Arch Street, is providing a 25% discount* for ASCB/IFCB attendee parking. Their lot has 540 parking spaces and is open 24 hours a day.