NEW THIS YEAR! Poster presenters will have the opportunity to upload an electronic version of their poster to a password-protected Website. This site will be provided to you in your abstract notification that you receive in early November. It will allow you to upload you poster for other attendees to view in case they are unable to visit your poster during your designated poster session. It will also give them the ability to contact the poster presenter if they have any questions (your email address will not be provided to them, but they can send you an email for you to reply to). Presenters can watermark their posters prior to uploading if they wish. These posters will only be available for viewing by registered ASCB meeting attendees from Thursday, December 4 through Wednesday, December 10. We strongly encourage all poster presenters to take advantage of this, although it is not mandatory. The website to upload posters will open in late November.
Poster Presentation Instructions
All posters will be displayed and presented in the ASCB Learning Center (formerly known as the Exhibit Hall). Abstracts scheduled for presentation in poster sessions will be grouped by topic, assigned a program and board number, and will appear in the Meeting Program. In addition, the Poster Guide abstract listings will specify the time that presenters are expected to be at their assigned poster in the ASCB Learning Center to discuss their work. Regular and late abstracts will be available online by mid-November. For purposes of citation they are considered to be a supplement to Molecular Biology of the Cell Journal. Click here for more information on Abstract Publication and Citation.
Please refer to the table below for set-up, tear-down, and presentation dates/times for posters:
|Presentation Day||Set-Up Day/Time*||Odd-Numbered Presentation Time||Even-Numbered Presentation Time||
|Sun. Dec. 7||Sat: 5:30 pm-8:00 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Sun: 5:30 pm-6:00 pm|
|Mon. Dec. 8||Sun: 6:00 pm-6:30 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Mon: 5:30 pm-6:00 pm|
|Tues. Dec. 9||Mon: 6:00 pm-6:30 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Tues: 4:00 pm-4:30 pm**|
* Poster presenters are solely responsible for placing and removing their poster according to the schedule provided above. If you are unable to set up your poster the evening before your session, please put it up as soon as you can on the morning before your session.
**If you wish to keep your poster, you must remove your poster no later than 4:30 pm on Tuesday, December 9. After 4:30 pm on Tuesday, December 9, no attendees will be admitted in to the ASCB Learning Center (formerly known as the Exhibit Hall). Posters left on poster boards after 4:30 pm on Tuesday, December 9, will NOT be returned to the presenter. The ASCB is not responsible for posters, posters left on boards, or containers left in the ASCB Learning Center at any time during the meeting.
- Presenters should ensure their posters are placed on the appropriate poster board for the duration of their assigned poster session (the full period above). In case of emergency, poster presenters who are unable to present should contact the ASCB at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us.
- Poster presenters should stand at their poster locations during the appropriate 90-minute time slot. Presenters with odd board numbers must be present at their posters from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm; and presenters with even board numbers must be present at their posters from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm. Please refer to your poster notification email for the exact presentation time. The email sent in early November, indicating the poster session assignment, program number, board number, and time of presentation, will contain this information.
- The ASCB is not responsible for any posters that are not removed at the designated time. Posters left in the Exhibit/Poster Hall after that time will be discarded.
- Poster presenters should not leave any items unattended at their poster board, including poster tubes, meeting bags, Meeting Programs, personal items, luggage, etc. The ASCB is not responsible for any items left in the ASCB Learning Center.
- Submission and payment of an abstract is separate from meeting registration. Please register for the meeting by October 10, 2014, to take advantage of the discounted registration rates.
Information About Late Abstracts (Submitted by October 16)
Abstracts submitted for the Final abstracts deadline will be grouped with the regular abstracts and share the same set-up, tear-down, and presentation times as the regular abstracts.
All accepted abstracts, including late abstracts, will be searchable online. In addition, all abstracts will appear in the Poster Guide.
Poster Board Specifications
The poster board surface area is 3’8″ (1.1 m) high by 6′ (1.828 m) wide. Prepare a label for the top of the poster, indicating the assigned program number of the abstract, its title, and all authors. The lettering for this section should not be less than 1″ (2.5 cm) high. A copy of the abstract, in large type, should be posted in the upper left-hand corner of the poster board. Illustrations should be made in advance of the meeting. They will be read from a distance of three feet or more. Charts, drawings, and illustrations should be similar to those that would otherwise be used in making slides, but preferably simpler and more heavily drawn; they should not be elaborate. Simple use of color can be added for emphasis. Do not mount illustrations on heavy board as it may be difficult to keep them in position on the poster board. Hand-made material should use appropriately heavy lettering that is at least 3/8″ (1 cm) high. Shade block letters where possible. Text should be printed in a font large enough to be read comfortably from a distance of four to five feet (1.5 m). It may also be useful to bring a pad of paper and felt marking pens.
Remember to bring thumbtacks, pushpins, or velcro.