There are two options to create your ePoster:
- Option 1: Use either Adobe Acrobat (the full version is needed to embed multimedia files), or PowerPoint to create a single page document with embedded multimedia.
- Option 2: Use Prezi, a free online tool to make zooming multimedia presentations. If you plan to use Prezi, please click here to read “How to Use Prezi to make a dynamic ePoster talk.”
If you wish to use Adobe Acrobat or PowerPoint, PowerPoint 2007/2008 users should save their presentations in those versions’ native .pptx format, and not in the PowerPoint ’97-2003 format for best results. Also, be aware that embedded media clips are not saved as part of your PowerPoint presentation. The actual video or audio files need to be on the computer you will be presenting from. You will need to supply those files along with your PowerPoint file either when you upload or in the Speaker Ready Room*.
*If your presentation contains any video or audio, please bring your files to the Speaker Ready Room AT LEAST 24 hours in advance, due to additional processing time that may be required.
The ASCB will be providing an ePoster system and projector that display at 1920×1080 resolutions. This high definition display will enhance the quality of your presentation by providing a bright and clear display of your presentation in the session room.
Please note that in order to take full advantage of the widescreen display you should create your presentation in 16:9 aspect ratio. From Within PowerPoint, click on the “Design” tab. Click “Page Setup”. PowerPoint will default to Slides sized for: “On-screen Show (4:3)”. Change the setting to “On-screen Show (16:9) and click OK. (See below)
If you do not format your presentation in 16:9 then the presentation will display with black bars to the left and right and will not fill the screen properly.
The ASCB prefers that presentations be loaded on a central server in the Speaker Lounge, and pushed out to presentation computers in the session rooms. However, you will also have the option of loading your ePoster in the ePoster room in the ASCB Learning Center (formerly called the Exhibit Hal). Even if you plan to load it in the room, stop by the Speaker Lounge to be sure it displays properly.
Speaker Lounge Check-In Procedures
Please come to the Speaker Lounge, Room 115B of the Pennsylvania Convention Center at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled talk, regardless of whether you prefer to load it in the room or not.
Upon arrival at the Speaker Lounge, a technician will assist you with check-in, upload your presentation, if necessary, and assign you to one of the preview stations where you will be able to review and finalize your presentation.
Internet connectivity will not be available in any session rooms.
Speaker Ready Room personnel are not responsible for your devices, i.e. memory cards, disks, laptops, etc.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PRESENTERS BE ALLOWED TO E-MAIL PRESENTATIONS IN ADVANCE.
Speaker Lounge Hours
The Speaker Lounge is located in Room 115B of the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
The hours of operation are:
- Saturday, December 6- 8:00 am-6:00 pm
- Sunday, December 7- 7:00 am-6:30 pm
- Monday, December 8- 7:00 am-6:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 9- 7:00 am-6:30 pm
ePosters will be presented on a high definition screen connected to a computer on the network. To become more familiar with presenting an e-poster, practice stations will be available in Speaker Lounge.
Computers will be provided with the following configuration:
- Processor: a minimum Core i7 2.93 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- 1920 x 1080 at 24 bit color depth
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2010 Professional
- Windows Media Player (Version 12)
- QuickTime (Latest Version)
- Flash Player (Latest Version)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Latest Version)
All electronic files must be submitted in the Speaker Ready room using one of the formats listed below:
- PowerPoint 2011 or earlier version
- USB Drives should be PC Formatted
- Preferred video format: .wmv
- Acceptable video formats (may require conversion, please allow extra time)
- .mov, .avi, .mpg, .mp4, .wmv
- PDF Reader: Adobe Acrobat X
Please submit your presentation utilizing one of the following physical media types.
- USB Drive
Files stored in email, Cloud Drives, ftp sites, etc., or phones are not acceptable
*Note: All presentations will be single screen only*
For More Information
Please review the ProjectionNET Style Guide at: http://www.projectionnet.com/Styleguide/PresentationStyleguide.aspx for more information about preparing your presentation, helpful hints for designing and presenting your talk, and tips to avoid incompatibilities and minimize potential challenges onsite.
If you have other technical questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.